03 November 2012

What Had Happened After A Year Of Working At Home?

I set this blog up for the purpose of recording all the details and progresses of starting my own home-based job.  I should have done it a year ago when I first started my work-at-home career. Unfortunately, things got very busy that I had forgotten to record the details of my online work. I have finally found the time and vision to make this blog today.  After a year and just now. Yes I know, how keen and progressive. :-)


VA services
Anyway just to fill this first page in of what happened for the past months -  I started my online job on September of 2011 and gotten my first VA job after half a month of starting, at first I worked for few hours a day then I signed up to these online workplace platforms that kept me finding reliable clients.  What I mean of reliable client is that you are guaranteed to be paid for your work.  The sites make sure that the employers and contractors are both payment- and work-secured.
There are two sites that I really like the most, oDesk and Elance.  You can try them if you are a starter VA or planning to become a home-based worker.  They have great training and support which assist you on how to work successfully online.


A couple of clients I met outside the site were fraud, they make you do the work first then after it was done, they're gone.  No response from emails or on Im's.  So make sure you get all the necessary information from your client and know how to get in touch with them before starting a project.


Right now, you have to be tough in finding a good offer to these online workplace sites. Nowadays, there are so many contractors who bid way too low rate per hour and I can't understand how they do it.  Can they even break-even for less than $1.00/hour considering that every second is recorded with an online tracking system?  Also, I can’t stand those employers who require high quality works but only offer a very meager pay. Some clients are taking advantage those who are very desperate to get the job especially those who are looking for their first work. Now this may seem a not good online working environment at all but if you find a perfect client for you, it can be a rewarding experience.  They have great customer support for all the contractors' concerns and very good payment system too. 

I only have one client at the moment that I’m working part-time for up to 20-30 hours a week.  Its project based actually, if he has more work for the week, I have more pay.  This client is very reliable and considerate.  He pays on time and on weekly basis too, which really helps a lot because the funds help pay the household bills. We met through craiglist, I posted my service on the site then luckily we found each other.  I started working with him last December 2011, so this December I'll be one year with the Company.  I honestly hope and pray that his businesses will still continue to succeed and more successes to come because this mean more projects for me and continuous funds.  I do mostly seo and social marketing tasks for him.


This is it for now, more posts to come, now that I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment